[mapguide-users] Newbie's learning curve - database toget startedwith?

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Thu Mar 29 12:12:08 EDT 2007

Well, just want you all to know, a did it with mysql, since I'm familiar with
it.

At first I couldn't connect (old problem with libmysql.dll). If someone has
the same problem, here is solution which worked for me: DON'T copy dll from
mysqladmin tool, but copy dll from mysql server to the FDO directory! This
way everything works. I can connect to my database, fetch data and display
it on the map. GREAT!
Finally my map can have some functionality. Thank you all for your advices,
now I'll move further, to explore possibilities of map queries, results
displaying and link then to sources outside my map.