[mapguide-users] RE: checking wms connections

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Thu Mar 29 12:55:41 EDT 2007

I can see my MGOS derived WMS layers in ArcMap 9.2.  If you have the sample
Sheboygan dataset loaded, you should be able right click on that layer name
in ArcMap and select Zoom to Layer.  If you have setup your own layers
exposed via WMS and can't see them, the data may still be drawing but is
very small and you may have to manually zoom into that area.   Be sure to
enter a limiting area in the Bounds parameter for your WMS setup in MapGuide
Studio.  If you are using <Bounds SRS="EPSG:4326" west="-180" south="-90"
east="180" north="90" /> then ArcMap is going zoom to the entire world.

Andy