[mapguide-users] Basic Approach

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue May 1 12:17:49 EDT 2007

> Im not sure that there is currently write support for the Shape
provider

There is write support, but not create support (as far as I know).  I
believe that you would have to maintain "dummy" shapefiles (possibly one
per geometry type), and on download request copy to a temporary
location, apply a schema and populate using the Feature Service, then
zip them together and provide the user a link.  It's not easy but from
an initial investigation it appears that it's possible.

> There is support for PostGIS, afaik.

Yes, through the OGR provider.  As well, a native PostGIS provider
should be available for beta testing soon.  If anyone already has
PostGIS set up and working with OGR and wants to test the new provider
in a somewhat unstable state, drop me a note offline.

> Once this is done, you will need a pdf creater component to insert the
image.

PHP has a PDF library available through PECL:

http://www.php.net/pdf

Which allows you to insert images:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.pdf-load-image.php

Jason