[mapguide-users] Spatial Edits in Mapguide

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Wed May 2 13:34:37 EDT 2007

Hello,

Currently I have a MGOS application that works well for various types of
queries. The data is coming from MySQL and Shape files. We are
maintaining the data in MySQL through an FDO based interface to Autocad
Map. This seems to work pretty well but I am curious about spatial edits
is MGOS. It appears that there are digitizing functions available in the
viewer API. I am guessing that we could use these functions to pass
geometry objects to server side functions that could  update the MySQL
data.

I am looking for opinions on this approach. Am I on the right track or
is there a better way to build edit functions?

If you have built editing functions in MGOS, how well did they work? How
was the user experience compared to using a desktop editor like Autocad Map?

Any other thoughts or suggestions on using MGOS for spatial edits would
be appreciated.

Thanks!

George McLean