[mapguide-users] (MapGuide Author) Create layer of points from an OLE DB Data Source : map projection problem

Ariane BARNA carto_neotic at yahoo.fr
Fri May 4 05:55:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

  I would need information and examples of
  layers of points built through an OLE DB Data Source. In my DataBase, the points should follow the Lambert II Etendu map
  projection system.

  However MapGuide doesn't take
  the map projection into account and
  show the points using decimal degrees.

  When I create my layer, I cannot define
  any map projection system for the points I give to MapGuide !
  I would have thought MapGuide would then take
  for granted that the given coordinates follow the same system than the one you
  precise for the output map.

  And it turns out that MapGuide traduces
  the points as decimal degrees.

  Is there anyway to fill in the
  source map projection system ?
  Or is this an already known bug of  Mapguide
  ?

  Thank you very much for any piece of
  help.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com