[mapguide-users] Server recommendations

Bjurström Jan Jan.Bjurstrom at lm.se
Mon May 14 02:26:38 EDT 2007

Hello!

Some questions about the requirements for a production server, to you who have put MGOS WMS into production.

What do you think is required for a Windows server running MGOS as a WMS server.

It will run up to three WMS services.
The datasources are about 30-40 SDF files (different layers covering the same area)   max 1 Gbyte for each wms service.
The number of concurrent users are up to 150 persons.

-Do I need a server with four quad core cpus and 8MB cache, or is that just very overkill?
-Should I use Linux 64bit instead of Windows Server 2003 32bit?
-Is the RAM size critical?
-Is it enough with a 100Mbit network if well segmented?

Janne Bjurström