[mapguide-users] The data read from MySQL connection has incorrect coordinate system

fishtrees fishtrees at 163.com
Mon May 14 15:53:02 EDT 2007

Hi,all

I use shp2mysql.exe to convert SHP files to MySQL.

convert command is "shp2mysql -s 4326 roads1 roads_table my_db > roads.sql",
the -s option specify the SRID for roads1.shp.
and then I read from MapGuide Studio,
but the coordinate system may not be readed out from mysql database,beacause the preview of map display a incorrect coordinate system.
if I use SHP files as data resource directly,
it can be display correct with my lower left x,y and uper right x,y.

Is the WGS84's SRID 4326? or whether SHP files must be projected?
when created a mysql connection ,there is no coordinate system option in MapGuide Studio ,
or I don't know where it is.

THX very much