[mapguide-users] Creating

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon May 14 17:01:13 EDT 2007

I've been going back and forth with Autodesk on this issue as well.  It
happens if any attribute that is utilized anywhere within your current layer
is not present in the new feature source.  This includes your filter where
clause, the URL, tooltip, themes, labels, and so on.  I believe that
Autodesk is going to try to make Studio more forgiving in these cases so
that "power" users can make these kinds of changes without the layer being
completely reset.

You could edit the resource XML directly using the MapAgent
(http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html) or programmatically and
bypass Studio.  This would involve saving the layer XML, modifying it, and
then saving it back into the repository using the SetResource mapagent
operation.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com