[mapguide-users] RE: Chinese text on feature lable are incorrect, feature data source is MySQL

fishtrees fishtrees at 163.com
Tue May 15 16:27:03 EDT 2007

Thank you,Dave

I have already set my database's default charset to UTF8 before I insert the
data, and the tables too.
and I don't use ODBC,however, the problem still exist.
Sometimes I use PHP work with MySQL, but without MapGuide ,either I set
default chartset to utf8 or not, it show "???" after import bakup from .sql
files, after I excute "set names utf8" ,the chinese text correct.

This is my first time work with PHP,MySQL and MapGuide, so, I think maybe
the problem caused by same reason. I insert spatial data from a .sql file
which created by shp2mysql.exe.

All of above is my guesswork. I'm not sure about that.

FishTrees