[mapguide-users] Connection problem with Foxpro database

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Tue May 29 12:09:55 EDT 2007

If you are running on Windows and you have access to Excel... create an
ODBC DSN and test it with Excel.

For the server to access the file if it's local you should be ok. If
it's on a network drive then the mgserver process needs to run under an
account that has permissions to the network share where the file exists.
You also need to map a drive to the share in order to configure ODBC.

Note the Foxpro driver, depending on the version you have, is not really
supported by Microsoft anymore. They do support an OLEDB driver. I'm not
sure if you will have any success with this. Good luck trying to
download something from Microsoft.

Dave