[mapguide-users] Tooltip/mouseover problem

Marius_360 marius at openspatial.co.za
Tue Nov 6 06:15:35 EST 2007

We are currently creating a website on mapguide  open source 1.2, with the
latest FDO King providers as we are working with oracle spatial data. The
database is Oracle XE. Now when we create a tooltip/mouseover on a layer
(all the attributes are stored within the spatial tables), it starts to
display Chinese characters and some other strange characters mixed with some
normal ones. This only happens when more than one column is used in the
mouseover.

Now what I have done in the meantime is to create a test table from a table
that gives this problem. Then I updated three columns with the same value,
something like ‘TEST’. It then displays correctly. I then updated the table
so that each column is different i.e. ‘TEST1’, ‘TEST2’, ‘TEST3’. Now it
displays the same value for all three columns in mapguide, ‘TEST3’! So that
is a whole new problem! The last thing I noticed is that when I update the
columns so that one of them contains NULL values, then the wrong characters
appear again. So ‘TEST1’, NULL, ‘TEST2’ causes the original problem.

This problem is very strange, but we are giving a presentation on Thursday,
so it will be great if the problem could be identified by then. I know it is
asking a lot, but I will provide any info you require, or any assistance
(the little I can give!) then I will gladly do so.

Marius