[mapguide-users] newbie question about security

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Nov 8 03:23:08 EST 2007

Once the user is authenticated and the session is created, the server
will not ask for credentials again.
You can of course provide your own login box. You can then call the
CreateSession to test if the credentials are valid.
You cannot change the identity of the current session.

This means that you can create a new session with the new credentials.
With this session, you can download the layerdefintion and featuresource.
You can then store it in the other session's temporary repository, and
insert it into the runtime map.

This is not a simple solution, but it works. It requires some manual coding.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S