Re[mapguide-users] freshing a map/layer... from server side, avoiding JavaScript

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:55:50 EST 2007

I'm pretty sure your going to need to use javascript. The mapguide
javascript API
is pretty solid and mature, if you check the archive of this newsgroup there
are
not many posts i can remember where people are having issues with
consistency
between browser implementations.

Use the recommended approach, it's documented and supported. Any other
approach,
will most likely cause headaches down the track as mapguide evolves.

What are the security reasons?

On Nov 10, 2007 10:18 PM, Maksim Sestic <max at geoinova.com> wrote:

> I'm writing some server app that imposes occasional changes to certain
> layers, based on data collected in real time. Therefor, it requires
> layer/map refresh initiated by server-side application. Since it's fully
> written in ASP.NET (Ajax.NET) utilizing web services+events, I'm trying to
> avoid JavaScript as much as possible due to consistency and security
> reasons.
>
> I guess it's presently not possible to issue a refresh on map/layer
> without
> calling JavaScript function from client side. Is there any workaround to
> this?
>
> Regards,
> Maksim Sestic

Zac Spitzer