Re[mapguide-users] freshing a map/layer... from server side, avoiding JavaScript

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Tue Nov 13 04:35:16 EST 2007

Just one more thing to add... :-) I don't understand why MG libraries lack
that "push" functionality. If there's a session established, then there's a
way to influence the representation of a map as user sees it - refreshing,
panning, zooming, all sorts of pre and post-processing... using existing,
server-side MG functionality. Currently I'm forced to turn to scripting
languages for majority of the tasks. Such code is _hard_ to maintain. Take,
for example, a vehicle tracking system.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic