[mapguide-users] physical files

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Nov 16 23:44:51 EST 2007

You might want to look at package management functions in the MapAdmin area.  These will allow you to create .mgp files from portions of your repository which can then be loaded into your test site.

There is a 2GB limit on package files, so you may need to break it down into smaller chunks to get everything out.  This is one of the reasons I like using unmanaged data sources; it allows me to use standard filesystem backups for the data, and an automated export script for the packages.

I haven't tried this, but you may also be able to use the RepositoryAdmin scripts to back up your production repository and then restore it to your test site.  I believe that these are included in the server install; this is what they look like:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Server/RepositoryAdmin

This would be a good topic for a how-to if anyone is interested in hacking on the MapGuide Trac wiki...

Jason

From: Mark Pendergraft
Subject: [mapguide-users] physical files

I have 2 mapguide servers running in my office.  One for testing/developing (my computer) and one that hosts the final application.  The server hosting the final map has extra layers, and more features then my testing server.  I would like to copy the entire repository containing the features over to my testing server in order to update my testing machine so that it is in-sync with the final application server.

I know where to find the SDF feature sources, but how do I copy over layer definitions, map definitions, and the web layouts?  Are these even physical files?  If so, where can they be found?