[mapguide-users] Tooltips for Point Layers

uXuf yousuf.hassan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 19:41:44 EST 2007

Hi all, I am relatively new to MapGuide Open Source. I had been developing
with Autodesk MapGuide 6.5 earlier and I thought it'd be relatively easy to
move on to MGOS. The problem I am encountering is that I cannot get tooltips
for a point layer in my map.

This layer is a point layer which gets its geometry values from a mySQL
table. I dont want any labels associated with the points, rather the
information should be displayed in tooltips on mouse-hover. However, I
cannot get any tooltips to be displayed for my data. I've configured the
layer to display the point name in the tooltip. Note that adding a label
with the point name works fine.

I am using the Ajax viewer, MapGuide Server (Version 1.1.0.301).

Any help would be really appreciated.