[mapguide-users] Printing

Jonio, Dennis (Aviation) DJonio at miami-airport.com
Mon Nov 19 10:50:28 EST 2007

Chris,

I decided before even starting on MGOS to output to PDF file format. Let
Adobe Reader handle all the printing output options and the zooming and
the panning and the .... options,options,options.

All my stuff is .NET specific. My boss has 'guidelines' after all ...

I have been producing PDF's  using "iText" for a couple years now and
irrespective of what I think the users love it. I will not burden you
with all the details but I am use "ikvm" in conjunction with "iText" ...
(this way I am able to stay up to date with "iText"). There is however a
.NET version of out there that is somewhat behind Bruno's work.

The guts of what I have done relies on RenderMap .. (MgByteReader
byteReader = renderingService.RenderMap(map, selection,
mapCenterCoordinate, mapScale, width, height, color,
imageflavor.ToUpper());

I would be glad to share but I have not a clue how to go about this
within this forum.

.... As an example ....

I have done it using http "ashx" request and the latest iteration uses a
ajax .net 1.0 webmethod call from javascript.

function ScribblePDF()

{

                tmp_control = document.getElementById("sessionName");

                SESSION = tmp_control.value;

                tmp_control = document.getElementById("mapName");

                MAPNAME = tmp_control.value;

                w = window.open("scribblepdfdoc.ashx?SESSION=" + SESSION
+ "&MAPNAME=" +MAPNAME + "&WIDTH=" + SCRIBBLEPDF_WIDTH + "&HEIGHT="
+SCRIBBLEPDF_HEIGHT + "&TYPE=" +SCRIBBLEPDF_TYPE
,"pdfmap","toolbar=no,status=no,width=550,height=720,resizable=yes,scrol
lbars=yes",false);

              try {

                   w.focus();

                } catch(Exception) { }

            }

Let me know if you wish additional info ...

dennis