[mapguide-users] Printing

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Nov 20 15:19:03 EST 2007

Hi Dennis,

Sharing the code is awesome, it's just not likely that it would make it into the production code stream without either being cross-platform or having equivalent functionality under the other supported languages.

There has been some thought given to setting up a "community" area to facilitate code sharing, but I haven't heard anything about it recently.  In absence of that, I'll have to see whether we can set up some kind of "code samples" area on the Trac wiki where you could write up a quick explanation and then attach a zipfile with the code.

This community is incredibly active, but I think we need to understand that the MapGuide Open Source project is not run by anyone but the community.  Yes, Autodesk still does the majority of the coding (though we are seeing more activity from others recently), but it's a true open source project and its strength is going to be measured by the willingness of its users to get involved in testing, development, documentation and, in general, innovations like what you have done with PDF output.

Jason

From: Jonio, Dennis (Aviation)
Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] Printing

I have gotten the impression from reading other pages on OSGeo that this forum does not like submissions, of code, that do not meet their requirements for portability etc, etc. So I am hesitant to provide more. I really do not wish to get them upset :-)  Maybe they don't mind a snippet at a time ....????