[mapguide-users] Confusing about reload runtime map

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at CSOGIS.DE
Wed Nov 21 10:41:13 EST 2007

Hi,

several months ago I created a webapplication with MapGuideOpenSource 1.1.
Now with release 1.2 this code doesn't work anymore but I can't figure out
what has changed.

The following gets the current runtime map:

  MgMap map = new MgMap();
  MgResourceIdentifier mapId = new MgResourceIdentifier("Session:" +
MgSessionId + @"//" + MapName + "." + MgResourceType.Map);
  map.Open(ResourceService, mapId);

I've tested with "Web Tier Test" that the resource exists and also that the
map object was instantiated.
The map object has correct properties but it seems that I can't get any
layers with the GetLayers() methode.

  MgLayerCollection layers = currentMap.GetLayers(); // Error - The
requested operation is invalid
  foreach (MgLayer layer in layers)
  {

This is the error code:

The requested operation is invalid.
Exception occurred in method MgMap.UnpackLayersAndGroups at line 640 in file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_18.1\mgdev\common\mapguidecommon\MapLayer/Map.cpp

Hope someone can help. It worked for me with MGOS 1.1!

Gunter