[mapguide-users] Not much luck with ogr or postgis on Ubuntu

Jo Cook j.cook at OXFORDARCH.CO.UK
Fri Nov 30 08:52:15 EST 2007

Hi All,

I have managed to build MGOS2 on Ubuntu 7.04 with help from Jason's great
instructions on the wiki. However, when I try and make a new data connection
with either postgis or ogr I get errors.

In mapguide studio when I try to make a postgis connection I get the default
feature editor screen and errors in my error log saying
CLNT_8_UNABLE_TO_LOAD_LIBRARY.

When I make an ogr connection I get the proper editor (with data source and
readonly connection options) but I get a connection failed error when I try
and test the connection. The error log says CLNT_4_PROVIDERNOTREGISTERED.

I have tested my connection string with ogrinfo and it works, and I have
checked that both providers are in my providers.xml file.

I have also tested both connection strings with testconnection in the web
tier test suite and both give me the CLNT_4_PROVIDERNOTREGISTERED error.

Has anyone successfully managed to use either of these connectors with
Ubuntu, and how do I begin debugging the problem?

Many thanks

Jo