[mapguide-users] RE: How to use count or max expression in fdo providerfor sdf

Bruno Scott bscott at geomapgis.com
Tue Oct 2 04:10:25 EDT 2007

Thanks Jason
it works with SelectAggregates
Updated code:
    MgFeatureAggregateOptions queryOptions = new
MgFeatureAggregateOptions();

    //count(*) does not work : String does not represent a valid expression
    //queryOptions.AddComputedProperty("Count", "Count(*)");

    //count() : One or more arguments for function 'Count' did not match the
expected argument types
    //queryOptions.AddComputedProperty("Count", "Count()");

    // this one works
    //queryOptions.AddComputedProperty("Count",
"Count(Autogenerated_SDF_ID)");

    // this one works also
    queryOptions.AddComputedProperty("Count", "Count(1)");
    MgDataReader dataReader = featureService.SelectAggregate(resId,
featureClass, queryOptions);

What was misleading me is when i ask the provider for
GetCommandCapabilities();
it does not return FdoCommandType_SelectAggregates
Should the sdf provider GetCommandCapabilities return
FdoCommandType_SelectAggregates?

Bruno