[mapguide-users] How to use tiles

azpublic azpublic at bluewin.ch
Fri Oct 5 08:55:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am currently looking at the possibility of using map tiles generated from
MGOS in an external Java ME application. I was wondering what a correct
approach to do this was.

I am planning on requesting a map area from the client application providing
a boundary box and zoom level (and maybe some other parameters for POI
layers). From my idea MGOS would then send back the appropriate Tiles URL
and some ID information back to the client. The client application would
then be in charge of downloading the tiles one by one and reorganize them to
compose the map.

I guess the tiles will be pre-generated for each zoom level.

Is this a correct approach ? Would you do this differently?

How should I organize the tiles and their naming provided that there will be
multiple (10?) zoom levels ?

How can I reorganize the tiles on the client side (any specific algorithm?)
?

Is there any sample code out there that does something similar ?

Any help and comments appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Checked by AVG Free Edition.