[mapguide-users] Layer Visibility

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:37:32 EDT 2007

Chris,

this is unfortunately one of the nastier problems with mapguide.  It
is a 'selling feature' compared to other OS mapping engines, but in
reality it doesn't actually work the way you might think it would.
There is no direct way to deal with this.  It would be quite a lot of
effort to develop scripts to work around this.  The most practical
solution at this point in time is to make your layers readable by
everyone and create duplicate map definitions with sets of layers
based on group or user privileges.

Paul