[mapguide-users] ODBC Support In PHP On Linux

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Tue Oct 9 10:29:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 00:43:18 -0700, Ismael Cams <mapguide2007 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> did you ever find a solution for this ?
>
> James Card wrote:
>>
>> When you install MapGuide OS on Linux the default install does not
>> include ODBC support in the PHP instance that MapGuide installs. Since
>> our application was developed first in the Windows environment we
>> encountered a variety of interesting surprises, including this one.
>>
>> How would we go about recompiling PHP with ODBC support, without
>> messing up our MapGuide install?

We were forced to abandon that particular project, partially because of
this issue. We never did get it working.

However, one of the folks at Autodesk sent me a document with step-by-step
details of how he was able to enable ODBC support in PHP in a MapGuide
Enterprise 2008 install on RHEL4. I'll ask for permission to post it here
or on the Wiki.

--
James Card
209-578-5580