[mapguide-users] MapGuideDotNetApi error

Jonio, Dennis (Aviation) DJonio at miami-airport.com
Thu Oct 11 06:39:36 EDT 2007

Kenneth,
First off ... thank you for your response. Yes, I was terse. I
apologize.

I already had four distinct MG application running under the
"standard-out-of-the-box" MG configuration and all works very well. So
this additional app failure was a complete surprise. I included a bunch
of .NET AJAX 1.0 functionality in this app so I assumed(for a awhile)
that that was somehow the issue. It was not.

To get to the point ... I did not gracefully shutdown MG server and IIS
when I did the copy over to the server from the development box. During
my "sanity-check" I did then in fact shut everything down properly.
After doing this there remained 2 extraneous MG processes! (I kept
getting this "lock" on ACE.dll). I have absolutely no idea how or why.
After killing those and copying over my new app and starting things back
up PROPERLY all worked well.

All my fault ... and another lesson learned about the "robustness" of
IIS.

BTW: The .NET AJAX 1.0 Toolkit extenders really make working in that
taskPane space manageable.

Again, thank you for your response.

dennis