[mapguide-users] Newbie questions

Marty Coonrod mcoonrod at ahlc-inc.com
Mon Oct 15 10:35:43 EDT 2007

OK, I have MapGuide v 1.2 installed and working. Now I would like to put it
to use.

I have many AutoCAD maps done on USGS base that I would like to move into
this system.

The maps are from the telecommunications industry and have many defined
blocks with attributes and layers.

Right now I have AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map both 2008 and have ordered the
AutoCAD MapGuide Studio trial CD.

Question 1. Do I need MapGuide Studio to do this or does MapGuide Web Studio
have the same functionality?

Question 2. What is a good source of information for learning how to do
this? Are there any tutorials or documents related to this?

Question 3. Am I posting this to the right group or is there another one for
these types of questions?

Any source of information that you may feel pertinent is welcome.

Thanks,

Marty