[mapguide-users] hide layer on box checked

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Oct 23 14:22:32 EDT 2007

I assume that you do know that the code below is in Java/JSP and not
javascript.

The resourceService is created from the site, with CreateService.

I just tried to find the example in the HTML version of the manual, with
no luck, try the PDF version instead:
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/mapguide/docs/MgOpenSourceDevGuide.pdf

Page 36:

MgInitializeWebTier ($webconfigFilePath);

$userInfo = new MgUserInformation($mgSessionId);
$siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();
$siteConnection->Open($userInfo);

$resourceService =
  $siteConnection->CreateService(MgServiceType::ResourceService);

$map = new MgMap();
$map->Open($resourceService, $mgMapName);
$layers = $map->GetLayers();
$roadLayer = $layers->GetItem('Roads');
$roadLabel = $roadLayer->GetLegendLabel();
if ($roadLabel == 'Roads')
$newLabel = 'Streets';
else
$newLabel = 'Roads';
$roadLayer->SetLegendLabel($newLabel);
// You must save the updated map or the
// changes will not be applied
// Also be sure to refresh the map on page load.
$map->Save($resourceService);

On-top-of-my-head translation to jsp:

MgInitializeWebTier (webconfigFilePath);

MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation(mgSessionId);
MgSiteConnection siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();
siteConnection.Open(userInfo);

MgResourceService resourceService =
  siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType::ResourceService);

MgMap map = new MgMap();
map.Open(resourceService, mgMapName);
MgLayerCollection layers = map.GetLayers();
MgLayer roadLayer = layers.GetItem('Roads');
roadLabel = roadLayer.GetLegendLabel();

String newLabel;
if (roadLabel == "Roads")
newLabel = "Streets";
else
newLabel = "Roads";
roadLayer.SetLegendLabel(newLabel);
// You must save the updated map or the
// changes will not be applied
// Also be sure to refresh the map on page load.
map.Save(resourceService);

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S