[mapguide-users] Building MGOS 1.2 on Ubuntu Server 7.04

Ray Holtz ray at rayholtz.com
Tue Oct 23 15:06:42 EDT 2007

That was my mistake Rudy.  I should know better by now than to trust my
own memory.  I checked my history, and it was the 'build-essential'
package that I installed (sudo apt-get install build-essential).  It got
me gcc-c++ that I somehow figured out I needed (don't ask me how,
there's that memory thing again)  I found that solution on

If I do try to trust my memory, I think I figured out that the FDO
didn't complete, because only /usr/local/fdo-3.2.2/lib was there. The
'include', 'nis', and 'docs' folders were missing, so I checked the
/home/user/fdosvn/nohup.out file to find the output from running the
build_thirdparty.sh or build_linux.sh and there were errors in there
that made me think about installing gcc-c++.  a quick google search for
gcc-c++ ubuntu gave me the link above.

I hope this helps you Rudy.