[mapguide-users] My PHP code under mapguide web app

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Fri Oct 26 06:21:05 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I'm writing some managed server extensions (dll) for MapGuide, which exposes
certain methods via web services (asmx). I tested it via ASP.NET and it
works fine. I would like to perform some tests with PHP, but I'm not too
familiar with it and keep hitting the same problem over and over.

Server platform: MGE2008, Windows Server 2003 (IIS)

It's not about the php script itself (it's also tested on remote machine
running Vertigo), but location and IIS settings for running the php script
on the same machine where MG server runs along PHP compiler that comes
bundled with MGE2008.

I created a new virtual folder (web app) under "mapguide2008" web app within
IIS. It inherits it's settings from parent folder and I can see that .php
extensions are allowed, poiting to "..\mapagent\isapi_fcgi.dll". When I try
to run test.php script from client computer it simply won't parse, meaning -
nothing happens and no errors returned.

Where should I put my .php script or how should I set IIS properly for my
custom php scripts to run?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic