[mapguide-users] Testing PostGIS / OGR - IRC Rocks!

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Oct 26 15:21:06 EDT 2007

OK, this is my last message to both lists :)

The last couple days have really clarified how effective IRC is for
communicating problems, and iteratively working through to a solution.
Email is far slower and harder to keep in sync.

I would strongly suggest that developers and users in the MapGuide and
FDO communities make use of the IRC channels that we have set up for
this kind of real-time communication.

So, if your corporate firewall allows, please join us on:

FDO:  irc://irc.freenode.net/fdo

MapGuide:  irc://irc.freenode.net/mapguide

Some easy-to-use IRC clients include

 - HydraIRC - Windows-only application
   http://www.hydrairc.com/

 - Colloquy - Mac IRC client
   http://colloquy.info/index.html

 - X-Chat Aqua - Mac IRC client (keyboard-friendly)
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/xchataqua/

 - Chatzilla - Cross-platform plugin for FireFox -

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16?id=16&application=fire
fox

 - X-Chat - Windows / Linux client
   http://www.xchat.org/

There are some useful hints on the Freenode site, including how to
register a username so that you have a fixed identity:

http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#userregistration

Jason