[mapguide-users] Samples and documentation for MGOS 1.2

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Sep 5 13:05:45 EDT 2007

Hi Jim,

You pointed to the following for phpviewersample:

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/1.2.0-rc2/samples

I think these are the same, but they should be downloaded from:

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/1.2.0/samples/

Guess we need to update this page:

http://mapguide.osgeo.org/download/releases/1.2.x-samples

These have been considerably reorganised (now use a decent MVC pattern,
etc) and have also integrated a couple of the GT tasks.

The problem with IE and .mgp files is beause IE is content-sniffing and
seeing them as .zip files (which they are).  If you change the IE dialog
to say "All Files" and change the filename to .mgp, then the download
should work for you.  Adding an appropriate MIME type to the download
server for .mgp files might help, but I'm not sure.

Jason