[mapguide-users] zoom in/out functionality lost

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Sep 7 03:14:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

I think that there was a discussion about this and we decided to go with a "Google Maps" style mousewheel zoom.  This isn't quite the same as zoom to centre... it zooms in such a way that the point under the mouse stays under the mouse.

The autocad-style zoom can be almost counter-intuitive for new users (I find that I'm always messed up by it when I go into Map after a couple months of not using it) and I would personally prefer that users get the behaviour that they expect from their use of Google, etc.

Jason