[mapguide-users] MG studio 2007 can't cooperate with MG opensource 1.2.0 ? Update of Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.dll is not enough?

Stefan Dalakov s.dalakov at mapware.net
Sun Sep 9 15:47:45 EDT 2007

About dete.exe
Some time ago there were problems with Mapguide(6.5) and Civil 3D. Also
had problem like yours with Mapguide OS running on a machine with Map 3D
2008. I guess it is due to the sequence of installations - I think you
should install Map 3D(or the product from which Dete is) first and then
Mapguide.

Carl wrote:
> I found also the error copying the fdo files. I reinstalled the MG studio and
> patchit accordingly, and copy the client library of ArcSDE92 to FDO
> directory.
> Now the studio can load most types of data files except DWG (It seems
> something is wrong with Autodesk Dete.exe. I looked from website of
> autodesk, but not get to a solution). A new problem is : I can't connect to
> arcsde92 installed on local machine. Then i try to connect arcsde92 on
> another machine. Ok. it works. but no featureclass inside the ArcSDE server
> can be listed out. so no real featuresource can be made. In conclude, there
> are two strange phenomena : one is about autodesk dete.exe, and another is
> about the ArcSDE 9.2.
>
> Regards. SHE
>

> Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>
>> You should NOT copy any of the FDO files into the studio folders.
>> The FDO folder in the Studio installation is only used with som internal
>> studio operations, and has no effect on the server's FDO capabilities.
>> You must modify the providers.xml file that is located in the mapguide
>> folder (C:\program files\mapguideopensource\server\bin\fdo)
>> After modifying the file, you must restart the mapguide service.
>> Studio caches the providers, so you must restart studio as well.
>>
>> In your case, I would recommend uninstalling Studio, and repeating the
>> install/patch procedure.
>>
>> Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S
>>

>> Carl skrev:
>>
>>> I just had installed MG opensource 1.2, and patched autodesk mg studio
>>> 2007
>>> accordingly (Initial Installation + SP1 + SP1a +
>>> Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.dll Patch). I also copied all files located