[mapguide-users] Problems adding polygon to temporary layer

nikp nik.peters at atkinsglobal.com
Mon Sep 10 04:51:09 EDT 2007

Hi all, first post and new time user to Mapguide, so go gently please!

Basically, my goal is to digitize a polygon and once complete I want to
display the digitized polygon on the map. The problem being this needs to be
on a per user, per polygon basis. (In other words, each user using the
system should only see their polygon they have just created).

My thought to complete this task was to create a temporary layer and add the
polygon to that layer. The code I have used originated from a MapGuide
course that I went on. The problem is that the code appears to work in that
there are no exceptions thrown, but the polygon is not displayed on the map.
If I change the code so that the polygon is added to a permanent layer the
polygon is added and displayed correctly.

What am I doing wrong?

(I can add my code if people need to see what I'm doing)

(Software I'm using is MapGuide open source ver. 1.2, and visual studio 2005
and C#/.NET platform version 2.0)