[mapguide-users] Help on Saving my Finished MAP

Carl carlshe at 163.com
Wed Sep 12 00:25:10 EDT 2007

you can package your design with

http://localhost/mapguide/mapadmin/login.php
-->
http://localhost/mapguide/mapadmin/packagemanagement.php

-->Manage Packages
    1. Make Package as a file
             1)Login as Administrator/admin, or other account
             2)click 'Manage Packages' on the left side
             3)you can find the text box with label : "Folder name (e.g.
Library://<root_folder>/<folder1>):"
                       just  enter the folder you want to package
            4)and also you can find the text box with label: "Resulting
package name:"
                       you can use the default name after you enter the
folder library path
            5)and then click 'Make' Button

            6)this process will generate a file with extension '.mgp' inside
your destination installation of MG OS /Server/Packages , such as C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Packages.

    2. copy the file to the package directory of your destination
installation of MG OS /Server/Packages
              copy the generated file from your local package folder to your
destination installation of MG OS /Server/Packages
    3.
        1)http://destination-localhost/mapguide/mapadmin/login.php
         -->

2)http://destination-localhost/mapguide/mapadmin/packagemanagement.php
        login and the enter the page for manage packages of your destination
machine
               you will find the copied file listed out bottom.
        3) choose the copied file and click 'load package'.
                ok.....