[mapguide-users] Tiling Success (I think)

Kori Maleski Kori.Maleski at websoftdev.com
Fri Sep 14 17:45:45 EDT 2007

Hi George,

The Tiling Engine works based on how you have set up your Map Definition in
MapGuide Studio.

You specify the number zoom threshold scales over a specified range in
Studio for a Base Layer.

The tiling engine will loop through each of these, and based on the map
width and height in meters or feet, will generate a grid of tiles.

The tiles are automatically added to your site repository tile cache.

It is the MapGuide Server that does the processing, the Tiling Engine just
does the math and requests.

The metrics of the performance gain will vary by server configuration and
client monitor size, but I have seen 5-10x faster depending.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski
Senior Application Developer
WEBSOFT DEVELOPERS, INC.