[mapguide-users] Create new column in data source

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 00:55:18 EDT 2007

I would like my user to be able to add a new column to a SHP / SDF file at
run time. I have the code from the GT sample that shows how to create a new
MgDataPropertyDefinition:

$textProperty = new MgDataPropertyDefinition('Text');
$textProperty->SetDataType(MgPropertyType::String);
$textProperty->SetReadOnly(false);
$textProperty->SetLength(255);

However, this code goes on to create a new class and then a new feature
source. I already have those, but want only to add this new column. Any
suggestions?

Thanks.