[mapguide-users] Zoom to selection

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Sep 21 05:46:29 EDT 2007

I have remarked that it is a problem that the map position (x, y, scale)
is not avalible on the server.
You must manually pass this information from the viewer to your scripts.

The width of the map should be the maximum width that can display the
bbox. To calculate this width, you must know the browser window width
and height.
Using this, you can calculate the height/width ratios and thus get the
required width. This width will be in coordinate system units.

How you go from width to scale is dependant on your coordinate system.
You might send along the current scale, and use that with the window
info to calculate a new ratio.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S