[mapguide-users] MapGuide integration with Google Maps

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:24:15 EDT 2007

Actually you can do this using OpenLayers without violating the
license (at least technically it doesn't violate the license, but you
are still bound by their terms and conditions).  Since the new Fusion
framework is being built on OpenLayers, this means that it will be
technically possible to use Google (or any other source) as a base map.

Unfortunately Fusion is not ready for a few more weeks, and the use
of Fusion in this way (using a different set of tiles as a base map)
will not be directly supported.  I should be able to provide some
advice on how to make it work though.

So, either go investigate OpenLayers now or wait a few weeks :)

Cheers

Paul