[mapguide-users] MapGuide Automated Tiling Engine 1.2

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Wed Sep 26 12:37:52 EDT 2007

Maciej Skorczewski wrote:
> George McLean pisze:
>> I ran it with no problems last night with Apache + PHP but with
>> Windows 2003 Server as the OS. When I ran it on XP with Apache and
>> PHP it did hang after about 3000 tiles were created. I am going to
>> experiment with XP again today.
>>
>> George McLean
>

> can you descripte how did you make it?
>
> i use MS 2003 Server too.
>

> maciek

Hi Maciek,

Here are the steps I took to run it. I do not think I did anything unusual

1. Installed MGOS 1.2 Apache and PHP. Installed Mapguide web extensions.
2. Loaded a package containing my map, data and layer definitions.
3. Installed fmtilingengine
4. Opened a command prompt and changed the directory to C:\Program
Files\Websoft Developers\Facilitiesmap Tiling Engine
5. Ran the command: fmtilingening -u Administrator -p admin -map Demo

I have 7 zoom levels in this map ranging from 1:500 to 1:37500. This
produced over 44,000 tiles in a couple of hours.

Good Luck,

George