[mapguide-users] Localizing menus and toolbar

Jim O'Leary jo at pat.ca
Tue Apr 1 14:22:00 EDT 2008

Kenneth

Are you talking about dynamically generating a web layout by opening a  web
layout XML file with placeholdrs in it, interpolating the strings for the
given language, and writing it to the session repository? Have you done any
work on this?

Thanks

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:

> Ok.
> I guess it would be simple to write a small app that loads the weblayot
> xml, translates the fields, and writes it into the session repository.
>
> Thanks for you reply.
>
> Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S
>

> Chris Claydon wrote:
>> Unfortunately there's no way to do this yet. You'll need to create a
>> copy of your weblayout, and localize the strings it contains.
>>
>> Chris.

-----
Jim O’Leary

Technical
Consultant

Pacific Alliance
Technologies

2nd Floor, 24 East 4th Ave, Vancouver
 BC, Canada
V5T1E8

TEL 604.676.6000 TOL 877.691.9171 FAX 604.682.0962

WEB  http://www.pat.ca/ www.pat.ca