[mapguide-users] ODBC problems....MGOS 2.0

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Thu Apr 10 10:44:27 EDT 2008

I'm trying to start to migrate to MGOS 2.0 (from 1.0.2)....I've got a
test machine running MGOS 2.0 right now, and am testing out just moving
my packages from my production server to my test server. Not
surprisingly, any dataconnections I had set up on my production server
stop working on my dev server - I assume because they were made using
FDO 3.1, while MGOS 2 uses FDO 3.2 (it'd be awfully nice if the FDO
people would make things backwards compatible). Anyway, I fully expected
those to break (along with my Raster layers).

I've hit a wall in trying to get them (my ODBC datasources) set up
again. I've tried in Autodesk Studio, I've tried in MapStudioOS -
neither are working. They both give me an error that is the same - "An
exception occurred in FDO component. RDBMS: No current open
database."....I've tried custom connection strings and DSN (which is my
preferred method). Same result for both. I did successfully connect to
an SQL server I have onsite, but that's not where my data is. That
suggests to me the the problem may be with my database format - which is
Jet (MS Access). What the solution here? If all else fails, is it an
option for me to install FDO3.1 with MGOS2?

Andrew
--
	*Andrew DeMerchant*
*Computer Technologist*