[mapguide-users] Creating mark ups / redlining using anything other than SDF

r0ss r0ss at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 22 14:11:04 EDT 2008

All,

We have encountered a critical flaw with MapGuide in particular the
undocumented use of the SDF format to create multi user based red lines -
the default samples all highlight this is the approach.

As an example, we created an application that allows users to each create,
modify and display redlines from the same SDF file (as per the sample).  We
were recently informed by Autodesk that the SDF format is not meant to serve
as a mutli-user creation format (which is an undocumented feature by the
way!).

During our testing when multiple users create redlines at the same time -
the repository become corrupt and forces us restore the previous MapGuide
package (does anyone know how to automate the deletion of SDF files in the
repository without knowing the names of the repository names - i.e. the
users create redlines and we do not know the repository names)

The big ask:

Does anyone have any experience creating redlines in anything other than
SDF, notable SQL Server 2005, GML, KML, etc (we are not an Oracle or PostGIS
shop) or any other work arounds we would greatly appreciated we are at a
loss and in a time crunch.

Regards

R0ss