[mapguide-users] Creating mark ups / redlining using anything other than SDF

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Tue Apr 22 18:50:56 EDT 2008

Since you have a need for permanent and private/shared resources then temporary SDF's are not a solution.

MG API does not contain any Schema creation API so you would need to use something like Autodesk Map to create the datastore/schema in the database. After that it's more of an insert/update/delete feature sequence of commands and security and possibly filters on the layers to access the data.

What may also add some complications would be if you use different coordinate systems. Unless the data is stored as LL84 it might be hard to work with multiple spatial contexts in 1 table. The table can support multiple feature types.

Dave