[mapguide-users] MGOS legend theming bug?

Jonathan Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Fri Aug 8 18:03:37 EDT 2008

I don't know if this would be considered a bug or not, but I've got MGOS
throwing a 'Microsoft Visual C++' error at me. We have a layer that is
themed with both LineTypeStyle and CompositeTypeStyle, and the error
happens whenever we zoom to a scale that requires both legend images to
be drawn. It also happens if you zoom to a scale that doesn't draw the
legend icon and then zoom back to one that does, it throws the error again.

We have tried creating a layer themed with only CompositeTypeStyle, and
that drew the legend icons with no problem--it drew the icons as the
composite symbols like they were declared. But, as soon as we have a
line type in there, it draws only the line style icon, throws an error,
and cannot draw the composite style icon. We have tried switching the
order in the LayerDefinition too, like

    <CompositeType...>
    </>
    <LineType...>
    </>

and it always draws the line style and then errors out. There is an
entry in the Apache error log that says

    [Fri Aug 08 15:52:25 2008] [error] [client 10.0.1.223] FastCGI:
    incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "C:/Program
    Files/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/www/mapagent/MapAgent.exe",
    referer:
    http://jmanafi:8018/mapguide/mapviewerphp/legendui.php?LOCALE=en

Is this something that someone else might be able to confirm happens to
them too with multiple themes for the same layer?

We are using MGOS 1.2, windows XP, apache and php.