[mapguide-users] Query String Auto-Login with Fusion or Flexible Layouts

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Aug 8 19:49:03 EDT 2008

I'm not sure the concepts of Fusion on the file system versus the MGOS
repository is really documented anywhere.  Here's the idea: the Fusion
templates reside in the
mapguideopensource/webserverextensions/www/fusion/templates/mapguide folder.
You can copy one of these templates somewhere, such as /www/myTemplate and
then modify the index.htm and ApplicationDefinition.xml file specific to
your project.  Then, you can open the Fusion layout directly from the file
system via a URL like: http://localhost/mapguide/myTemplate/index.htm.  This
requires that the map definition be hard-coded into the appDef, so I wrote a
patch to fusion that allows you to pass an MGOS map definition as a URL
parameter.  This works very well for one of my clients applications.
Details can be found here: http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/65

On the other hand, if you use Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2009 and define new
"Flexible" layouts, it uses the Fusion templates as the basis for your
layouts, but is internally storing the ApplicationDefinition information in
the repository for that layout definition.  That is why the standard MGOS
challenge / response is issued when calling a Fusion layout like:
http://localhost/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.html?Applica
tionDefinition=Library%3a%2f%2fSamples%2fSheboygan%2fFlexibleLayouts%2fSlate
.ApplicationDefinition

Here are a couple of the older threads on these topics:
http://www.nabble.com/Fusion-security-(or-lack-of)-to17496378.html#a17496812
http://www.nabble.com/Fusion---one-AppDef-many-maps-best-approach--to1721395
1.html#a17213951

Andy Morsell, P.E.