[mapguide-users] XML Parser error for Feature Sources

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Dec 1 08:36:26 EST 2008

Yes, you can do just that.
Look in the Maestro source code to see how it's done.
The files "ResourceEditors/ResourceEditorBase.cs"  and
"ResourceEditors/ResourceEditorGeneric.cs" shows it.
Some more customized versions are avalible in eg "FeatureSourceEditorSDF.cs"

Basically you can do:
    MaestroAPI.ServerConnectionI con; //You must initialize this, see
the developer docs
    MaestroAPI.FeatureSource fs = new MaestroAPI.FeatureSource();
    fs.Provider = "OSGeo.SHP.3.1";
    fs.Parameter["DefaultFilePath"] = "C:\my.shp";
    con.SaveResourceAs(fs, new MaestroAPI.ResourceIdentifier("my fs",
OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.ResourceTypes.FeatureSource));

As for your actual problem, does the server error log show anything?
C:\program files\Mapguideopensource2.0\server\logs\error.log

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S