[mapguide-users] Does anyone use Feature Joins?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Dec 11 23:44:27 EST 2008

My experience echoes yours.

Feature joins were improved considerably with recent versions, but
performance is still not production-ready at the level that I would
expect as a current MapGuide 6.5 user.  It may be acceptable on the
desktop (I don't have a lot of Map3D experience) but it is just not fast
enough for server operations.  Workarounds such as nightly batch
processing and views are what I have ended up with as well.

Jason