[mapguide-users] Seeking storage format advice for vector and business data

bizna bizna at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:07:37 EST 2008

Hi All,

I'm trying to decide the best option for storing vector data, some of which
will be updated by user input in a mapguide web application. The updates
will be newly digitized features and related attribute data.

Considerations in order of importance are:

ease of development
speed
scaleability

It will be implemented on the a "medium" powered windows server running
apache and the latest version of MGOS.  An Oracle database is available.
The data size is small - hundreds of records currently but will (hopefully)
grow much larger in the future.

There are about 10 fields on average for each feature class.

I have read some of the posts on feature joining and don't know if that's
something I should do.  Maybe more trouble than it's worth?

If I've left out some important details, please let me know.

Thanks alot,

Jason