[mapguide-users] How to use Select Aggregates in MapGuide

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Dec 31 05:15:52 EST 2008

To answer my own question:

The computed properties and the alias must be used together.
This is similar to addComputedPropertie(alias, expression).
Multiple aliases and multiple expressions must be seperated with TABS
(pretty difficult to do in a browser).

To use the SpatialExtent function, simply enter a name in the Alias
field, eg: extent,
then enter SpatialExtents("name of geometry column") in the computed
properties field.

Aggregates does not work with geometry columns, but does work with the
SpatialExtents function.

And the OGR provider, which I used, does not support the aggreate
instructions, and seems to ignore
any computed properties :(.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S